Prism Class Series
What is the Prism Class Series?
OPA's Prism series is one class package balancing the three "threats" of theatre: singing, dance, and acting.
Classes are our favorite part of the year because the production is YOU. Come with your own goals, or if we know you already, we'll set goals for you. Take on challenges at your level. If you've never played a principal before, this is your turn. For young thespians serious about developing their stagecraft, classes are the place to be. Expect to have fun and work hard!
Lots of updates since last year's Prism Class!
• Six directors and teachers.
• Two separate groups divided by age and experience* - same time and location.
• 90 mins singing, 90 mins dance, 180 mins acting / week. No improv this time around.
• Lower division mock audition workshops with optional written feedback. Leave classes prepared with a polished ready-to-go audition.
• Upper division scene workshops and masterclasses with guest director Michael Heaton.
• Dedicated dance technique classes taught by Kimberly Jacobsen, (upper divison) Jimena Shepherd and Megan Lathrop (lower division).
• Saturday duets/trios/quartets class - by invitation only.
• Student written scenes.
• Two evening showcases performing our work.
* The determination of who fits where will be made when registration closes. We are planning for equal sized groups. Younger actors can expect much more opportunity for featured roles, older actors can expect more challenging material.
Scheduling & locations
OPA serves both Bend and Redmond communities and our rehearsals alternate between the two.
• First class - January 6th
• Last showcase - February 29th
• Bend rehearsals Mondays 1:30 - 4:30 at Grace Reformed Presbyterian Church 62162 Hamby Rd, Bend, OR 97701
• Redmond rehearsals Fridays 1:30 - 4:30 at Miss Kimber's Dance Magic 628 SW Glacier Ave, Redmond, OR 97756
• Duet/trio/quartet vignettes* Saturdays 10:30 - 1:30 location TBD (probably Redmond)
• Bend Showcases Friday February 28th and 29th 6:00 - 8:00 (call time TBD)
* Duets/trios/quartets actors will be called only to portions of some Saturdays based on workload and availability.
Registration Requirements & Tuition
• Ages 8 - 18: Actors outside our age range may register by director approval only.
• A waiver, including a photo release, must be signed at first rehearsal.
• $150 first child
• $135 second child
• $125 third child
• $120 fourth child and on
• We ask for tuition by first rehearsal,
but it is not due until February 29th.
• Partial scholarships are available if finances are a difficulty. Please inquire if you are in need!